Double Glazing Maintenance
How to maintain your double glazing
Everyone knows that something that is looked after will last longer, and this is not different with double glazing. uPVC and aluminium do require the least amount of effort when it comes to windows, however, they do require some work to maintain their looks.
- Make sure that your hinges and mechanical parts remain clean and oiled. Check this once a year.
- Use furniture aerosol wax instead of oil to lubricate hinges.
- Do not use washing up liquids to clean windows as it degrades seals. Ask you installer for the exact product to clean you windows.
- Keep the tracks on sliding patio doors clean of mud and dust.
- Wood windows will need sanding and re-painting every 5 or so years
Wood Bay windows are a perfect addition to any property that may not have the greatest exposure to light or needs an attractive feature to bring some character into the properties aesthetics. Altho…
Whether you’re looking for a quick fix housing development project or windows for your home, uPVC windows are a superb option. uPVC windows have improved significantly over the past 10 years,…